Friday, November 25, 2011

If fashion is your trade, then when you're naked, I guess you must be unemployed.

Hi, I'm Alexandra or Alex, whichever you prefer, really. Welcome to my blog, Just Call Me Joan. Last year a colleague and I ran a bilingual daily fashion blog called Totally Normal in which we would catalog our outfits. Sounds basic, right? PSYCH! Our blog was a play on the fact that we went to school in a town called Normal and that while both avid fashion fanatics and believed that you didn't have to spend hundreds of dollars to look cute, she and I dressed entirely different from one another. We had a lot of fun with our blog, but when summer rolled around I got lazy with my blogging, because I was too busy traveling Europe for eleven weeks. I'm a horrible person, I know. 

Anyways, I have decided to make a most triumphant return to the fashion blogosphere with a mission. Since the start of the schoolyear I've been dating this really awesome guy who got me hooked interested in AMC's television program, Mad Men. While the writing and acting of Mad Men is amazing, it's the clothing that keeps me coming back for more. It's the fashion of one curvaceous redheaded woman in particular, Joan Harris (née Holloway), played by Christina Hendricks that drives me wild. As a confident, independent, and curvaceous redhead myself, Joan is a role model of mine. She knows what clothing works on her figure, she knows how to accessorize, she does her makeup flawlessly, and she knows she's hot. 

This blog will track not only my outfits composed of affordable items, but it will also touch on accessories. For those of you who know me, you know that means big earrings, scarves galore, and lots of nail polish. I hope to boost the confidence of other bodacious ladies who need to know that curves are sexy, but skinny girls you can shake it, too. 

"You want to be taken seriously? Stop dressing like a little girl." - Joan Holloway

My man who loves my confidence in my curves

My gorgeous and equally stylish best friend and I (I'm the curvy one!)


Outfit (Pictures 2 & 3):
- Blouse & lace cami: H&M
- Black jeggings: Old Navy
- Boots: Target


No comments:

Post a Comment